Sunday, May 10, 2009

I Stress, Therefore I Have Lots Of Baked Goods

Baking makes me happy. Everything fades away when I bake. It is just me and my ingredients. There is something oddly therapeutic about baking. So when I found myself having a completely rotten night I climbed onto the counter top, pulled open the cabinet doors, and reached for my baking stuff. I toyed with the idea of orange poppy seed cookies (which me and BF love love love) but it was midnight and I didn't want to have to worry about batter sitting out overnight. Then I saw the peanut butter and knew exactly what I wanted.





Peanut Butter Cookies
by Simply Recipes


1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 egg
1 1/4 cup flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

1. Cream the butter for 2 minutes. Add the sugars, cream for 2 more minutes. Mix in the peanut butter and egg. Mix together the dry ingredients - flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir into the sugar butter mixture.

2. Wrap dough in plastic and refrigerate at least 3 hours.

3. Preheat oven to 375°F. Shape dough into 1 1/4 inch balls. Place about 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten in crisscross pattern with a fork. Bake until light brown, 9 to 10 minutes. Cool on baking sheets for a minute; transfer to rack to cool completely.

Makes about 2 dozen cookies.

For chewier cookies, bake at 300°F for 15 minutes.





I'd have to agree with BF and his friends; they are delicious.



:)





1 comment:

  1. I bake when I am stressed too! I think it is a great way to turn some negative feelings into something positive :)

    ReplyDelete