Friday, May 7, 2010

What A Great Idea

Sometimes I love chocolate.
Sometimes I don't.

When I saw this post I loved chocolate. Since I had all the ingredients and it seemed so easy I didn't see why I couldn't whip up some chocolate syrup.
I put it in milk and swirled it on the bowl before scooping ice cream into it. It tastes and smells wonderful. Just try to refrain from tasting it in the pot. It burns.





Homemade Chocolate Syrup

  • 1 cup good-quality unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (or half as much table salt)
  • 1 cup cold water
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla

In a medium saucepan, whisk together cocoa powder, sugar, and salt till there are no lumps. Add water and stir well.

Place saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, till syrup has thickened. Remove from heat and cool slightly before stirring in vanilla extract. Store in refrigerator.


Enjoy.

On everything.


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment