Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Bread!!!

I miss bread.
I miss peanut butter and jelly.
i miss grilled cheese.
i miss toast.

When I found this recipe I got super excited for the possibility of a PB&J sandwich. I had most (not all) of the ingredients for this bread so I decided to go for it anyway.




Gluten Free Sandwich Bread
By Elana's Pantry


Ingredients

1 ½ cups blanched almond flour
¾ cup arrowroot powder (I used cornstarch)
¼ cup flax seed meal ( I used Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Biscuit Mix)
½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
4 eggs
1 teaspoon agave nectar
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar

Directions
  1. In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, arrowroot, flax meal, salt and baking soda
  2. In a larger bowl, blend eggs 3-5 minutes until frothy
  3. Stir agave and vinegar into eggs
  4. Mix dry ingredients into wet
  5. Pour batter into a well greased 7.5" x 3.5" loaf pan
  6. Bake at 350ยบ for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean ( My loaf only took about 20 minutes)
  7. Cool and serve

Makes 1 medium sized loaf of gluten-free bread




This loaf was the most beautiful thing ever. It wasn't the most moist bread I've ever had so next time I will try to put some oil in it. It sure is tasty though.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment