Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I Think It's Time To Break Up


Quinoa, I want to like you but you keep letting me down. I keep giving you my all and time and time again you give me nothing.


I have a gigantic bag of of you that I would feel bad throwing away. Nothing good comes from any ways I have cooked you. Heck, quinoa you're even hard to pronounce (KEEN-Wuh).

When I saw a post for you in a pudding I thought maybe you could redeem yourself. Boy was I wrong.


Quinoa Pudding with Apricots and Pistachios
By Dinners and Dreams



Ingredients

1 cup quinoa, rinsed
2 cinnamon sticks (I used ground cinnamon)
1 cup water
3 cups almond milk (I used fat-free lactaid)
1 tablespoon honey (I used agave nectar)
1 teaspoon orange blossom water (I don't know what this is.. it sounds scary)
2 gum mastic grains, ground (optional) (yeah.. no thanks)

½ cup chopped dried apricots (didn't use this)
¼ cup chopped pistachios (or this)

Directions

Place the quinoa and cinnamon stick with the water and almond milk in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Lower the heat to low, cover with a lid and cook for about 12 minutes. Remove from the heat.

Stir in the honey, orange blossom water and gum mastic. Serve topped with the apricots and pistachios.

4 servings



As much as I wanted this to taste good, it really didn't. So instead of throwing it away I mixed it with yogurt, strawberries, and raisins.






It's not you, it's me.
I love you, but I'm not in love with you.
We could still be friends.



:)

No comments:

Post a Comment