Friday, April 23, 2010

You Can Do No Wrong

Betty Crocker... You are amazing.

Just thought I should put that out there although I think they already know.

What they don't know is I'm a 20-something broke, unemployed, college grad who has been playing with a gluten-free diet. Being broke I cannot afford the luxury of buy all sorts of fancy gluten-free flours and gums that are required for gluten-free baking. So, while wandering the mean baking aisles of the grocery store, I saw this.





I could not/would not pass the opportunity to snatch this super cheap all-in-one box up so I snatched and danced around the aisle and ran to BF all giddy-like (he is no longer alarmed or embarrassed by my excitement over baked goods). After self check out (I LOVE self check out) I took my purchase home where it sat on my shelf for a week or two. BUT! when I finally whipped these bad boys up... ooooohhh man. BEAUTIFUL! DELICIOUS! PERFECT!







Thank you Betty Crocker for making my gluten-free baking life that much easier.


:)

2 comments:

  1. I know. these are awesome. I just happened to pick a box up one day and I think I ate them all in two days. They are seriously delicious. I'm with you on the tight budget thing. I've only been G free for about 9 months and everything I try and make from scratch comes out yuck. So, in my desperation for something sweet I grab these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seem to be seeing a lot of gluten free products lately. do you feel better being Gluten free?

    ReplyDelete