Thursday, April 22, 2010

Chocolaty Goodness

I'm going to come right out with it... I have misplaced the recipe for these.

So instead I'm going to tell you how awesome these brownies are. And how they are gluten-free.

These brownies are fudge-y. Oh so fudge-y. So fudge-y in fact that I kept shoving them in my face.





Once I find the recipe and give it to you I advise against shoving them in your face. You should not shove them in your face as yummy as they are only because the main ingredient in them is a can of black beans. A WHOLE CAN of fiber-y deliciousness. And if you've ever eaten beans you know how your body reacts to them. So either eat your container of Activia or eat a few of these.

Edit: Found it!! Thanks Madeline



Black Bean Brownies
from Intentionally Katie

1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
3 eggs 3 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
1/4 cup cocoa powder

1 pinch salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

3/4 cup white sugar

1 teaspoon instant coffee (optional)
(I didn't add any but they tasted like I did)
1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
(I totally did)


Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8x8 square baking dish.
  • Combine the all ingredients (except chocolate chips) in a blender; blend until smooth; pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top of the mixture.
  • Bake in the preheated oven until the top is dry and the edges start to pull away from the sides of the pan, about 30 minutes. Yields 16 brownies.




Now that I've more than likely completely turned you off from trying gluten-free black bean brownies all I ask is give them a try. A few family members ate them and had no idea they were flourless and full of beans.

They are just that good.


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment