Friday, June 5, 2009

On Food and Dating... Mexican Style

BF and I both love food. He cooks and I bake. Although, he loves to help decorate cookies and mix frosting colors.

Since it is summer break, we have a lot more time to hang out. Which means we've been eating our way around town. After craving nachos all day, we stumbled into Chronic Tacos. I think we only chose to go here because they have cheap beer. The pictures do not do the food justice. I just forgot to take them before I started digging in.

BF got a carnitas taco which is not here because it was gone by the time I snapped these. I got a grilled mahi mahi taco which is pictured as a half eaten mess. And we shared bean and cheese nachos. They may look basic but the flavor of the beans and the cheese was awesome.




I like that you order your taco and then you get to put whatever you want on it. I put something called Baja sauce on mine and it was perfectly creamy and spicy and complemented the fish and lime juice well. Then it was topped off with cabbage and just a dash of cheese.






Overall we were pleasantly surprised with this place. BF liked the laid-back surfer vibe and I'd have to agree; it was a great little hangout. I believe we will be frequenting Chronic Tacos in the very near future.


:)

1 comment:

  1. Here's a recipe for fish tacos/baja sauce from one of your meat poster Aunts! You'll love it!

    1 large Mahi Mahi filet
    Spike (spice section of safeway Old Bay seasoning will work too)

    Baja Sauce
    1 cup sour cream
    ½ cup mayonnaise
    1-2 tsp Sazon de Kecky
    1/8 tsp cayenne pepper

    cabbage
    red onion
    radishes
    tortillas
    Chipotle Tabasco Sauce
    Jack cheese

    Season fish w/Spike and grill.

    Mix all of the Baja Sauce ingredients and taste for seasoning.

    Assemble tacos and serve.

    Serve with Kecky’s Bean Salad and Spanish rice.

    ReplyDelete