As you know, I recently had a tooth pulled and was banished from the world of food.
No hard foods, nothing that can break into pieces and find its way into the cavity of the non-existent tooth, nothing spicy, etc...
To remedy this, I made something I knew I could eat: Muffins! Muffins that are like doughnuts!
Doughnut Muffins by How To: Simplify
Ingredients: For the muffins:
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 -1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a muffin tin.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Combine oil, sugar, egg and milk in a large bowl. Add dry ingredients and stir only to combine.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. While muffins are baking, melt butter in a small bowl. In another small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon.
- Shake muffins out of the muffin tin while the muffins are still hot.
- Dip muffins in the melted butter and then into the sugar and cinnamon mixture. Place on a wire rack and allow to cool.
These muffins are delicious! They're a perfect soft food and they're great for a grab and go fall breakfast or snack.
They even got the BF seal of approval/make again now please!