Friday, March 12, 2010

Sick of Staring at Dead Bananas

I don't remember if I mentioned that for my New Year's Resolution, I resolved to stop giving my GI tract problems and chose to go Gluten-Free. This hasn't been an easy feat. I miss pasta, grilled cheese sandwiches, cookies, cake, pie... I could go on forever. I do not have much support which makes it difficult at times. Also I am short on money so I can't go out and buy fancy flours and G-F products.
One day I splurged and bought Bob's Red Mill G-F Biscuit Mix. And this is what I made.

Truly Quick Banana Bread
Contributed by Dana Freeman


Ingredients
  • 3 - 4 Bananas, very ripe
  • 1/3 cup melted Butter
  • 3/4 cup Sugar
  • 1 Egg
  • 1 tsp Vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cup GF Biscuit Mix
  • 1/2 cup Walnuts-Baker's Pieces
Directions
Preheat the oven to 350°F.

Whip ripened bananas in a mixer or by hand. Mix butter, sugar, egg and vanilla into the whipped bananas. Add in the baking mix and beat for 1 minute. Add the walnuts and mix just to incorporate.

Pour mixture into a buttered loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour. Let cool and remove from pan. Makes 16 slices.





I'm totally going to buy this baking mix again.
It is totally worth this banana-y deliciousness.



:)

2 comments:

  1. Love the crumb on this and looks real delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry this comment doesn't have anything to do with your post, but you are the winner of my craft supply giveaway! (I couldn't find your email address ANYWHERE to contact you!) So if you'd still like to claim that, please email me your address: sewsweetstitches_on_etsy@yahoo.com
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete